View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 02:10 PM   #850
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Water Polo

So yes...we don't have enough going on in our lives so we decided to add a whole new sport to our schedule. The boys are now playing water polo. They are new to the game, so there is a lot of indecision, especially on the offensive end, but overall they are playing pretty well. It will be interesting to see what happens with them going forward. The spring season that we are in, is very informal compared to the Summer League, and the boys are using this as a way to become familiar with the sport so they can compete better in the Summer.

They both swim better than most of the team, and despite the fact they are extremely new to the skills involved, they play great defense and they catch and throw pretty well. There are quite a few kids that are returning from last Summer, so I'm not sure how the teams will be split up when matches start. If I were to guess, I think they will both start out on the B team, so they can get more playing time, rather than be a rotational player on the A team.

Matches start on Sunday, but Bear probably will miss that game due to tapering for the Age Group Sectional Meet that is coming up at the end of the following week.

Last edited by Breeze : 03-06-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote