View Single Post
Old 01-18-2024, 09:36 AM   #604
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

So, I was supposed to fly to DEN from ORD today with my son to go skiing for the weekend.

Yesterday morning I wake up to a message from United: "Hey, we've canceled your flight, but don't worry, we've booked you on a flight first thing Friday morning!" Which, not great, but whatever.

I'm in meetings from 8:00 to 5:00 straight, so can't deal with it at work.

Then, at lunchtime I get another message: "Hey, we've canceled that flight too, but don't worry, we've booked you on another flight Friday morning that gets to Denver by going through Atlanta!" Which, really not great.

Apparently this is all happening because they're pulling 737 MAXs out of service to run safety checks.

Anyway, the happy ending is that once I got out of meetings I went into the app and managed to book a direct from MKE to DEN that leaves this afternoon. MKE is less than an hour drive, so that's fine.

Anyway, this 737 MAX thing is a real pain, and I hope the airlines give Boeing some shit about it, especially as I read somewhere that last year Boeing was applying to the FAA for a waiver for some of its quality processes so that it could deliver orders for the plane faster.

Honestly, if anything, Boeing should be under a consent decree right now, not getting "get out of jail free" cards from the government.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote