View Single Post
Old 02-12-2024, 06:05 AM   #620
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I also used about 200K IHG points to stay at Intercontinental Auckland (just opened 2 days before we checked in) and Intercontinental Sydney. Final night we stayed in a balcony room at Park Hyatt in Auckland which I booked through AmEx FHR so I used my $200 annual booking credit to cut the price down to about $500 for the night and received $150 to spend at the hotel and free breakfast this morning.

Do you focus getting hotel points from a specific chain? Which one do you recommend?

I'm a lifetime Marriott Titanium but I've not been staying at a lot of Marriotts in my personal travels. In Europe, I find the Accor chain more economical. In Asia, it's IHG or the local hotels. I'm not in it for the hotel "experience", I've stayed at enough nice hotels.

So, I'm going to focus on IHG for the next year, got the IHG credit card. I would actually prefer Accor but they don't have a great credit card/rewards program.

It sucks not enjoying my Titanium privileges but not worth the $30-$40 premium a night.

Last edited by Edward64 : 02-12-2024 at 06:06 AM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote