View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 04:15 PM   #2
molson
General Manager

Not a very ambitious thief, at least (so far).

It's standard for the credit card company to wait until the charges are final. Chase makes that very easy, you don't even have to call, you just check the boxes of the fraudulent charges on the website once they become final. Weird stuff can go on and off the pending charges so it's not worth opening the investigation yet, I guess.

I've been having the opposite issue with my credit card company declining everything my authorized card user tries to purchase. Which gets quite embarrassing, my girlfriend placed an order for a bunch of stuff at Lowe's for a project, they bring all the stuff the register, and then the card gets declined. I get a text or email notification where I can OK the charge, and then it will go through the second time, but, that kind of defeats the purpose of an authorized user. This has happened several times in a row. I called to ask the card company what I can do for my authorized user to be able to use the card, they said that when she's declined, she shouldn't use another payment or walk away, she should re-run the card after I've OK'd the purchase over text or email. But if I was THERE, or otherwise available to do that, I'd just buy it myself.....So the mystery deepens.

Last edited by molson : 02-08-2019 at 04:17 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote