View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 08:13 PM   #45
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I wonder if the play was to keep spending at that level until you noticed.

You knew that you dropped your wallet, so you knew to be looking.

But I don't check my statement every day. Every time I've had my number stolen, my cc company flagged it b/c it was out of state and a big purchase being attempted.

If someone got my card or number and stayed local and just bought normal stuff at McDonalds and Walmart, they could keep it going for a while (especially considering that with COVID, I am using my card online a lot more than in person now. I might go days without reaching for the physical card).
If they were doing low level transactions over a period of days I might agree, but this is just an idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I think the more common behavior is "drinks for the house" and/or "and you get a TV ... and you get a TV ... and YOU get a TV"

Depending on your locale, a combo meal upsized to large is going to get close to $10. 3 of those, throw in a sundae or two, $30 is really easy to hit with 3 adults and you can get pretty close for just 2 adults
This might be better in the Random Thoughts thread, but I genuinely don't get the McDonalds/fast food pricing. I just go off the dollar(/value) menu & get 90% of the product for 20% of the price. But hey, I remember when they were selling 4 piece nuggets for a dollar & 20 piece nuggets for $6.99, so I understand math isn't the strong suit of most customers.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote