View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 08:05 AM   #5
korme
Go Reds

DAY 1

OPPONENT: Jonathan Gault
As per the rules, I have to assign him the "K" and "HR" to 2 of the 5 questions, so I needed to do some research. Jonathan Gault is a writer for run.com and loves trivia, according to his Twitter bio. Noted. So anything that has to do with running, I'd like to assign the K to, and I'll just pick what I feel is the hardest question as the HR.

To the questions:

QUESTION 1
What film was broadcast on NBC on Sunday, Nov. 17, 1968, at exactly 7 p.m. on the east coast?

Spoiler

QUESTION 2
Michael Phelps is the only Olympic with double digit gold medals (23, to be exact), but four Olympians have accumulated nine golds over the course of their careers. Carl Lewis and Mark Spitz are two of them. Name either the Russian female gymnast or the Finnish male distance runner who have also captured nine golds.

Spoiler

QUESTION 3
Who was the last player on the winning team to touch the ball (in play, before the buzzer sounded) in the 2003 NCAA men’s Division 1 basketball championship?

Spoiler

QUESTION 4
There are two leagues among the North American "big four" (MLB, NHL, NFL, NBA) in which California doesn’t have the most teams outright of any U.S. state, but is only tied for the lead. Name every team from one state that ties California in either of these leagues. (Note: You’re naming the teams from the other state, not California.)

Spoiler

QUESTION 5
In the Season 5 Grand Championship of American Gladiators, Wesley Berry broke the world record by finishing the Eliminator in 48 seconds. He would later win the International Gladiators competition representing America. What was Berry’s cereal-themed nickname?

Spoiler

FINAL SCORE & STANDINGS
Spoiler
korme is offline   Reply With Quote