View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 07:40 AM   #6
korme
Go Reds

DAY #2

OPPONENT: Ben Everill
As I will do every day, I look up my opponent on the world's most reknowned source, Twitter. Ben's bio tells me he writes for PGATOUR.com. Great, another professional!

To the questions:

QUESTION #1
In this iconic photo from the 1950 U.S. Open, what specific, unique club is Ben Hogan holding?

Spoiler

QUESTION #2
Baseball and softball coaches often use a specific kind of bat that is longer, thinner, and lighter than a normal bat (and that sometimes has tape on the barrel) in order to hit fielding practice. The five-letter word for this bat has been around since at least the 1800s, and may derive from the Scots language. What is that word?

Spoiler

QUESTION #3
“Walk down pit road on the day of a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race and it appears as if a group of small buildings have been erected. Actually, they are the pit boxes that each team has. Affectionately known as the “______ ______,” the pit boxes hold computers, car-monitoring equipment, spare parts, repair materials — everything vital to a team’s performance each week.”

Fill in the blank from this 2013 Scranton Times-Tribune story with the missing two-word alliterative phrase.

Spoiler

QUESTION #4
What was the name of the controversial official ball of the 2010 FIFA World Cup? The name, chosen by Adidas, means “celebrate” in Zulu.

Spoiler

QUESTION #5
The dueling pawns you see below are animated versions of the official playing pieces for what "game of sweet revenge?" (The title of which has been artfully obscured in the image.)

Spoiler

FINAL SCORE & STANDINGS
Spoiler

Last edited by korme : 08-12-2020 at 12:31 PM.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote