View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 07:33 AM   #12
korme
Go Reds

DAY #5

SHANE (0-3-1) vs. Aaron Jorbin (1-1-2)
Aaron doesn't have a Twitter bio, and I know very little about him. I'm rolling with my gut on defense.

To the questions:

QUESTION #1
“They attempted to set up badminton, but no one could find the shuttlecock. They improvised with a perforated plastic ball, lowered the badminton net, and fabricated paddles of plywood from a nearby shed.”

This description of events that took place on Bainbridge Island in the summer of 1965 refers to the origins of what sport?

Spoiler

QUESTION #2
In the 1959-60 NBA season, Wilt Chamberlain won the NBA MVP award as a rookie. Nine years later, what Louisville grad became the second (and as of now, last) player to win the MVP as a rookie? This player never won an MVP again, though he’s no. 12 on the NBA’s all-time rebounding list.

Spoiler

QUESTION #3
In 2014, six European domestic leagues came together (with other parties) to form the Champions Hockey League, the latest iteration in the complicated history of European club championship hockey. Since then, despite participation from all over the continent, every semifinalist has come from one of the six founding leagues. Name three of the six countries these leagues represent, and note that Russian KHL teams do not participate. (Note: Your answer should contain three countries.)

Spoiler

QUESTION #4
“Yeah, I’m pissed. But I’m ready to go on to Pocono, we’ll be alright.” Those words concluded an interview with CNN’s Don Lemon in late June, and were spoken by what athlete?

Spoiler

QUESTION #5
On the list of the 59 Dominican-born baseball players who have reached the 1,000-hit mark in Major League Baseball, the last name that appears most frequently is Ramirez—Manny, Aramis, Rafael, and Hanley. None of them are related. What is the only last name to appear three times?

Spoiler

FINAL SCORE & STANDINGS
Spoiler
korme is offline   Reply With Quote