View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 08:58 PM   #241
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'm curious, so I'll ask: has anyone tried Kingdom Comeeliverance on XB1?

I know the initial reaction seemed to be that it was a hot mess when released but does anyone know how it is now after some time has passed?

I can give you half-an-answer: it's been improved on PC.

I'm still not sure whether I'd give it a full thumbs-up, as I think it's desire to be a "realistic RPG" make it occasionally toe-the-line of making me feel like I'm doing actual work. That said, I believe you're intimately familiar with similar kind of inventory & skills micro-management from Fallout & Skyrim.

The combat is harder than most similar RPGs to learn, both on a purely mechanical basis, and because you have to essentially re-learn how to approach a fight, adjusting for the "realism" that makes it truly difficult to engage any more than one opponent at a time (and the lack of any fantasy monsters).

All that said, I think the increased busy work and tougher combat actually do serve to make it a more rewarding experience when you actually do or find something of significance, and the increased threat makes even just wandering around the world aimlessly a more exciting proposition that requires some preparation and forethought.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote