View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 01:38 AM   #10
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Excitement in the Air as Preseason Schedule Announced

September 4 2005 (Buffalo News) -
It's the long, Labour Day weekend yet one person just won't leave the office, not even on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. That person is new Sabres GM Matt Bosela.

"What can I say? I'm pretty excited about camp", Bosela proclaims. "Doug (McKenney, the Sabres Strength and Conditioning Coach) just briefed me on all of the individual workouts he distributed to the players in the off-season. I'm looking forward to the fitness tests next Saturday to see how well each of them took to their program."

The NHL released the preseason schedule this morning. The Sabres will play eight preseason games this year; four at home and four on the road. Here is the rundown:

Wed. September 14th: at Florida Panthers
Thu. September 15th: EDMONTON OILERS
Sat. September 17th: at Chicago Blackhawks
Tue. September 20th: COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS
Thu. September 22nd: ST. LOUIS BLUES
Sat. September 24th: TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS
Tue. September 27th: at Calgary Flames
Thu. September 29th: at Vancouver Canucks

Bosela loves the schedule. He says "We get a chance to do some 'team building' out west prior to the regular season's start. It should do wonders for the chemistry between the guys and will also allow us to recharge our batteries in a beautiful mountain setting."

The unsigned prospects will arrive at camp on Wednesday in preparation for the start of the Prospect Cup on Friday. Veterans will arrive in camp on Saturday for team orientation and fitness tests.

Last edited by NoSkillz : 11-16-2005 at 07:37 PM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote