View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 09:32 AM   #49
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g
ouch, we sucked, but we dont come to play in the preseason...bring on the real games!!!!!!....hehe

looking beautiful, are you gonna be able to keep this up for an entire season, thats alot of writing taking away from gameplay...

Good luck, and like i seem to ask everyone, can you let us know what your cap situation will be for opening night

Can I keep it up? It's a good question, as this has been a lot of work but the answer is yes, without doubt.

This dynasty will be slow moving that's for sure; I may have to shorten the game writeups just a bit down the road but for now, I'm okay with the time spent doing the writeups. I think I'm finding my groove.

I plan on actually doing MORE for the regular season (Pregame writeups, mostly little tidbits about our opponents and a weekly 'Hockey News' column with happenings across the league). We'll see if I can get everything in there.

I might eliminate a couple of things to lessen the load: I might not include the penalties in the box scores to save some time and I may eliminate box scores for preseason games only starting next year (not overly necessary for preseason).

I will be preparing a Hockey News story in time for the regular season's start, with their rankings of all the NHL clubs, projected MVP's, key newcomers, Overrated/Underrated players, Top rookie candidates, cap situations and average age.

As far as the Sabres, the cap situation is not an issue: right now, with 29 guys still in camp, my payroll is at about $33 million, well under the $39 million cap. I may end up slightly over budget (which is set at $29 million) but we'll see...I still have a trade or two to make and may also have to put a defenseman on waivers.

Last edited by NoSkillz : 11-21-2005 at 09:44 AM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote