View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #255
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Sorry but wasn't trying to say that more that they are VERY beatable in the playoffs especially on the road.
Well, luckily we'll only potentially go on the road against Denver or maybe Cincinnati. Past that, we're clearly better than Indy at this point and I think we'd be favored versus the Chiefs, Ravens or Dolphins at Foxboro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
Just that they've been lucky. Typically a team doesn't win a huge majority games decided by 7 points or less and they are 7-3 in those games. So maybe they're really more a 7-6 team that's gotten a few breaks. Or they could even be 6-7 or worse with a few more bad breaks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
And without calculating the patriots' expected win loss record, shouldn't having brady and bellichick give you at least a slightly better shot in close games than the league average? Or should all teams be 500 in close games regardless of coaching and talent?
Brady and Belichick are now 62-26 in close games - a large enough sample size it's not luck or statistical noise at this point. You know who else is 78-40 in 1-score games (since his rookie year)? Peyton Manning (and that's even with his 2-7 playoff mark).

This isn't even the "luckiest season" during their run. The 3 Super Bowl winning years we were 22-3 in close games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I don't know how anyone following the Pats this season would disagree with me. They made it this far on the back of their defense and then the back of Gronk, pretty clear cut. Now they have neither. At this point in the season we know what we are going to get. We can shout Brady's name all we want as giving us a chance, but I'm not giving him the "he had crappy receivers" pass everyone else did. Gronk came back and single handily reversed this offense.
I don't want to understate Gronk's importance, especially because his replacements are waiver-wire fodder in Mulligan and DJ Williams, but it was also Vereen coming back, Amendola getting healthy and Dobson improving before he was injured.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote