View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 10:58 AM   #448
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I head back and take a look at my goals. These were the ones I set for myself after winning the liga in the 3rd year and hitting all of my 1st goals:

We need new goals!

1). Win the Liga again next year.
2). Get out of the Group Stage of the Champions Cup
3). Get the club to 100m value
4). Win all Cups in the same year
5). Get to the Finals of European play.

So let’s see. Done, Done, Done, and Done.

And the Finals is obviously a dream that I would love to make, but really, where are we, you know?

So, here’s the thing. Is it time for new goals? Do I have another season of play in me? Losing out on the Portugal National Spot was rough. I was really looking forward to it. France still hasn’t made a decision. I’ve played African sides almost constantly in FM. I don’t really want to do another African Cup of Nations Qual and Tournament.

I have taken Madeira to beyond my expectations for the club – we’ve even exceeded my second set of goals.

What else?

Reasonable goals might include:

1). Become #1 in Portuguese Hall of Fame
2). Develop Rui Pereira to Stud Level
3). Finish developing Agra
4). Make another deep Champions Run

The one good thing about having a lot of youth starting in roles is they get better and better. You can imagine how nasty Rocker will get, and Stepinski improved, as is Komorski, Costa, Rodrigues, Ruiz, Canela, and such. So yes, the loss of Hojbjerg is hard, and Skolnik is gone, but:

We are better in ST than we were last year
We are better in GK than we were last year
We are much better at DC than we were last year
We are better at DR/L than we were last year
We are better at AMC than we were last year
We are slightly worse at MR/L than we were last year
We are worse at DMC than we were last year

That’s an improved roster, right? Clearly we are better. We are going to blow people off the mountain. Sure, the occasional game against Braga or Benfica or Porto might be close, well, her, let’s find out for sure. I have Sporting in two days here at home. Let’s play against them full throttle, and see what happens.

What I suspect will happen is we will dominate them. Last year we throttled the rest of the league, but regularly mistimed against the big boys. Not always, we got 4 points from Benfica. But I think we have gotten to the point that we will rockhammer folks off the pitch. And that might be fun at first, but quickly boring.

And if I’m just playing for the European matches and such, well, that’s not really a lot. But let’s find out.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote