View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 03:56 PM   #207
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
I was confused as well, so I Googled WIFOM and first link explained it. 2nd link was also helpful.

Okay, so having done this, I still don't know the value of this play, especially in a situation where most of us are not very familiar with Vaimes.

If there is even one wolf who played with Vaimes at BGG or wherever else he plays, then this move is high risk, where you're judging whether or not that person has the experience and knowledge to make a correct read on Vaimes and how he would play this strategy. But chances are the wolves won't have experience with Vaimes, and they will just kill him to eliminate the possibility.

If he is the Martyr, chances are, he just dies tonight and that's a bad move for the village. If he is not the Martyr, then the real Martyr either does or does not protect him. If the Martyr protects him, the Martyr dies and we lose a real role, with no allegiance established for Vaimes. If the Martyr doesn't protect him, then we lose Vaimes, a simple villager.

That last is the best result, as we have no way of stopping a night kill and the wolves will only attack villagers. I could see a small advantage to that last scenario, but not big enough to make this play.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote