View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 09:55 AM   #358
QuikSand
lolzcat

Early offseason underway. In the first free agency stage, we managed to re-sign DE Mo Durham, on a $27m/yr deal (just under 5% of the cap). (Note: he wanted over $40m/yr to extend) That will carry through his productive years, I presume, he'll be a 12th year guy after that expires. So, we are locked up in the outside pass rush for the foreseeable future, with Baxter (93/93 stud) signed for 4 more years and Push (65/65 but 91 PRTech) for 2 more with an affordable 3rd. I may end up walking away from Ike McKenzie (63/63) after this year, his 4th.

At DT, last year's 3rd rounder Heath (48/53, 65/74 RunD) is the only guys signed, but McKenzie could play there if I want that. I may end up with a top-tier DT in the draft as well (I'm two picks away from selecting as I type this, and a do-everything DT is my top-rated player in my queue).

The interesting guy for free agency will be WR Cornelius Everett (55/55) who wanted crazy money to re-up, so we let him walk. I think he is a defective player - zero endurance, and his under 6 y/t may be connected to that. However... he's got 4 years of cohesion with my team, a good affinity with my WR leader, and the options out there won't be promising. So, do I end up paying... $30m a year to re-sign him? I'm not sure.

I missed out on a pretty good CB Malcolm Luna. He would have been a rotation-starter for us, and a great chemistry asset. Alas, he signed with division rivals in Cleveland. Our DB rotation is solid, not excellent. Matters more if we are a winning team with lots of leads, in my view.

Note: the DT got taken, presumably as an AI-driven auto-pick, as I was finishing this post. Will go back to the perennial debate between Grade A- guys at various positions versus Grade B guys at game-changing positions.

Last edited by QuikSand : 06-04-2019 at 08:32 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote