View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 03:14 PM   #145
Bea-Arthurs Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

Hi my name is Bea-Arthurs Hip and I am a parent.

I am in need of desperate help! We have two girls . Clare is three and is an absolute angel; if all kids were like her I would take all the kids God threw my way.

My problem is not Clare. My problem is our 1 1/2 year old Theresa. Let me begin with our "baby". My wife had to go in for a somewhat risky surgery to have one of her ovaries removed when Theresa was 5 months old in the womb which went off with out a hitch. Then after a somewhat traumatic delivery everything was fine as all involved were healthy.

Fast forward a month and for some unknown reason Theresa has not stopped crying. I think to myself, "strange I don’t remember Clare crying this much". So wife and I figure it is normal and Clare must have been like this also.

Fast forward to the second month and for some odd reason Theresa still has not stopped crying. To make things real fun now she is not sleeping. This creates a very pleasant husband-wife situation. We are at each other’s throats constantly all the while Theresa is pissed off at the world.

Fast forward to month three - Theresa obviously does not like her parents. She will not sleep; she never stops crying and now seems to have developed a rash from hell. At this point I deeply consider driving off a bridge somewhere, as it is very frustrating to have zero control over this poor little child...We go in for her three-month appointment and they tell us she has Colic (sp??). Well kick me in the nuts and call me Sam. Really?? You think doc??

Fast forward to month four - Theresa is getting a little better as we get her on some $oy formula (away from brea$t feeding). Then my wife calls me at work one day:

Hip: "hi honey"
Wife: "hi"
Hip: "everything ok?"
Wife: "no"
Hip: "what is it, need me to come home?"
Wife: " I have post pardom depression?"
Hip: "ok"
Wife: " see you when you get home and be prepared for 13 months of
Complete and utter hell as I am going to be mean and nasty. And don’t forget about our 1 1/2 year old who is mean and nasty, oh yeah our three old also who needs attention constantly"

(The above of course did not happen through a phone call but it is a summary of the past 13 months)

Fast forward to November - I would never wish what my wife went through on any woman (or husband for that matter). I also would not wish the curse of colic on any child (or parent for that matter). ....Wife is doing much much better. She is seeing a doctor and is on medication. Theresa also is doing a little better but she still throws fits over everything. When I say fits I mean like the ones you see kids on Nanny 911 or Super Nanny throw.

Theresa is loving and plays well; she loves her sister and animals. But when she gets angry, look out!

My question to the group, have any of you had a colicky baby? Did they after growing out of it and develop temper problems? Will it ever end?

From a Dad-Husband who has shouldered financial problems, depressed wife, many immediate family crisis and of course my own day to day problems.

Help Me
Bea-Arthurs Hip is offline   Reply With Quote