College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Yeah, Champions League !

I know! I'm pretty pumped! Thanks for reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I have really enjoyed this dynasty.

With the addition of Continental Play depth becomes very important. I find I typically need 15 or 16 players who I think of as "starters". My best XI might only be on the pitch together for key games as I work to keep everyone rested enough that they don't have an increased injury chance or decreased performance due to fatigue.

However, that's my strategy when I'm regularly going on to play in the Champions League or Europa League. Given your position, your priority should probably be to qualify again for Continental Play, followed by performing well in Continental Play, followed by domestic cups. A few consecutive years of Continental Play will continue to raise your stature, making your board happy and helping you attract players. This kind of approach also gives you time to build depth, get more home grown and players trained in England.

It's easy, as it is in real life, to get seduced by Europe and have your league performance take a real hit (see Swansea this year).

Thanks for the great advice Barkeep -

I'm reasonably confident that I have a core group of young players that are all capable of continuing their growth together - the fact that 10 of our regular starting eleven had overall ratings over 7.00 is a good sign and the only one that didn't was a newly signed and newly turned 18 year old.

Like you say, it's likely best to have starter quality depth at all the positions up and down the lineup so at this point, I think I'm going to go in the direction that you suggest. With that said, I may need to look at bringing in a fullback (left sided), a centre half in his prime, a right midfielder and one more striker (if I move Gerardo Escobar).
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote