View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 01:45 AM   #160
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

July Board Confidence Update

-- The board are very pleased with my overall leadership. The stature increase is the main reason but they are slightly disappointed with the departure of Oliver Nicholas. That's nice.

-- We recorded a loss last month of £9.25 million

Manager, Team & Stadium Status and Media Expectations

No raise this year but I am now considered to be a world-class manager! Super cool!

We put through a 5% price increase on tickets and our estimated value increases nicely too.

We had LOTS of construction going on this past year and basically all of our facilities see improvement, with training facilities moving up to average, a Youth Academy built, youth facilities improving to Basic and improvement made to our youth recruitment network. We also recently got word that we'll continue to build upon our recruiting network so expect to see a bump next year at this time.

Preseason Friendly

-- We get challenged to a home friendly by Espanyol from LIGA BBVA, where we'd receive a healthy fee of £180,000 if we accept. It conflicts with my matchup against Cambridge City so I cancel that game and accept the offer from the Spanish club.

-- A few of our players are garnering interest right now. It's been rare to get offers for Ingo Wilke, our stellar keeper but two teams come calling with offers. Zaragoza from LIGA BBVA offer £4.6 million and it's swiftly rejected but the next day I get an offer from Schalke, who offer over £5.5 million plus a very interesting looking right midfielder as part of a trade. Now this is rare! I decide to hold off on a reply until I scout the other kid.

-- UH OH. Maybe United are pissed that I keep pestering them on this young studly striker because they come calling for Neil Cairney - £18.25 million plus incentives are offered. It's an immediate rejection but they obviously have enough resources to keep upping their bid. With a £40 million release clause, we're far away from being TOO scared but my board certainly has jumped in and accepted deals before without my approval (cough - Rodriguez - cough) so hopefully they stay out of this. Chelsea is still lurking as well.

Last edited by NoSkillz : 01-25-2014 at 01:48 AM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote