View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 01:16 AM   #170
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Tue. July 27, 2021

Preseason Friendly
Dover vs. Manchester United
Crabble Athletic Ground, Dover, UK

We take advantage of a clause in the sale of Cristian Rodriguez to host United at our stadium and rake in a bit of money. I'm starting a weaker side today and it looks as if they are doing the same.

Dover: 4-4-2 Control
GK - Y. Sylla
D - J. Varga, A. Kokaina, P. Tjiuoro, J. Kuciak
M - C. Murray, S. Nasri, S. Spall, K. Kalfas
S - S. Andrea, W. Rooney

Dover 0 - 2 Manchester United
Goals -
Assists -
Man of the Match - Luiz Carlos (Man United DL - 8.1)
Other Dover Notables - Paulus Tjiuoro (7.1), Abdallaye Kokaina (5.6), Wayne Rooney (5.4)
Attendance - 8,609

The less said about this, the better. Rooney gave a ball away that directly led to a goal, hence his poor rating. United held 55% of possession and outshot us 17-14 (9-5 on target). Very poor and we're already up to four losses in the preseason, albeit with a brutally tough schedule.

Loans OUT

-- Roberto will play for AJ Auxerre in France this year. Hopefully he'll get some Ligue 1 playing time.

-- Home-grown player Andrew Stanley heads to Coventry on a season-long loan, joining fellow Dover player Ryan Bodin. I had five home-grown players and only need four so Stanley, the worst of the bad bunch, heads to League 1 for the season.

-- Lastly, D/MC Jonathan Gauthier accepts a loan move to League 1 side West Ham United for the season.

Squad Win Bonuses

-- As usual, I tell our players representative that I will give out higher than normal squad bonuses for domestic play, cup competitions and continental play. Morale goes up, as usual with our overly ambitious club.

-- It's looking like that right midfielder Parana will be heading to Bayern - his club accepted the deal and now Parana is considering a contract offer. I'd love to have this guy on my squad but I need to save whatever money I can just in case this striker I have on loan turns out to be worthy of a purchase. Plus, I'm already over my wage budget too after signing veterans Rooney and Nasri.

Transfer IN

-- We get official word that a work permit has been granted to Argentian defender Carlos Guzman, allowing our £2,100,000 transfer to Lanus go through.

Guzman was a youth pull just last year for Lanus and is a four star prospect, certainly worthy of a stash in the U18s this year and I can definitely see him getting some playing time with the senior team at some point - current backup Jozef Varga is only a 2.0/2.0 so Guzman conceivably could pass him on our depth chart this year.

Next Up

-- An away matchup at Sheffield United from the Championship.

Last edited by NoSkillz : 01-26-2014 at 01:17 AM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote