View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 08:19 PM   #175
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto View Post
I would have to respond with the thought that you should probably focus on finding a starting caliber player with the ratings that you value.

If Wilke doesn't inspire the team on the pitch, and Rooney doesn't inspire the team on the bench, what's the point of having either in those positions?

Find a real captain, sir!

Tell

I wish it was that easy!

One of the most desirable attributes I saw in Cristian Rodriguez was his potential leadership ability then Man U comes and steals him from me only a few months into his time at the club. He had phenomenal mental attributes: 19 influence at only 21 years old, 16 work rate and 17 determination.

I agree that Wilke doesn't look like the answer - I do have a couple of youngsters that I can groom into the position: Renato Gaucho especially looks like a great choice - he picked up English quickly, has 15 influence, 15 work rate and 16 determination. But he's only about to turn 20.

Salim Loucif is another potential - he's close to the right age (23 this month), 16 influence, 18 work rate and 12 determination. But he doesn't speak English yet so he's maybe a year away.

There is an interesting option at Newcastle, as they have a 27 year old DL named James Inglis. Vice Captain at Newcastle, part of Scotland's setup and super attributes (17 influence, 15 work rate, 19 determination) in addition to being a fine player (3.5 stars). That said, he'd have to take over the starting spot from Renato Gaucho and there is absolutely no reason for me to make that change, as Gaucho has been producing capably since he was 18.

I'll keep on the lookout but I may be using scotch tape, so to speak, for this season. I'm up against my wage budget anyway and can't add anyone right now.

Last edited by NoSkillz : 01-26-2014 at 08:21 PM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote