View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 12:30 AM   #177
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Ok guys - I may have a serious issue with respect to Home Grown Status...

Supposedly, you need four "home grown" players and eight "Nation trained" players.

Here's my roster of guys that I thought would qualify:

DC Matthew Thompson (Trained at Club 0-21)
ML Steve Ingram (Trained at Club 15-21)
MC Jamie Matthews (Trained at Club 15-21)
DC Emmanuel Agbo (Trained at Club 15-21)

ML Arsene Bamba (Trained in Nation 0-21)
ST Zoltan Bardi (Trained in Nation 0-21)
MC Shaun Spall (Trained in Nation 0-21)
AM Aitor Zubizarreta (Trained in Nation 0-21)
DR Ross McLaughlin (Trained in Nation 0-21)
ST Wayne Rooney (Trained in Nation 15-21)

Ok, so I figured I was fine but I get to the Champions League registration post and they say I only have **THREE** home grown players and only **FOUR** nation trained players?!?

Do you mean to tell me that guys that are trained from 0-21 as opposed to 15-21 DON'T QUALIFY???

I couldn't advance past that screen and I even failed in trying to sign a "ghost" player from my U18 team that was trained at the club - when I signed him, for some reason, his home grown status disappeared.

The only way I could advance in-game was to go on a one-game holiday - I got through to the next day and it says my squad has been registered but there are no additions to the roster. I believe I'll have another registration coming up in the next week. Will I be able to play? Do I need to find 15-21 age trained players only??

HELP!!!

EDIT TO ADD: I take a look at teams like Chelsea and Man U and see that they don't have enough home grown players either. Is this a bug of some sort that will be an issue for me to navigate around??

DOUBLE EDIT: Oh, and I just find out that striker Zoltan Bardi tore his hamstring while on international duty and will miss the next three months. So both of my starting strikers are gone long term: Gesios for a month and Bardi for three. I'm going to be sick.

Last edited by NoSkillz : 01-27-2014 at 12:46 AM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote