View Single Post
Old 12-27-2021, 01:26 PM   #358
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, among the special 96 cards that were available to people who had special presents under their tree on the 25th… There was a goofball Derrick Henry as a quarterback card. I have mentioned my general disdain for these out of position weird cards, but the potential is there for this card to be very fun to play with… If he is a genuinely fast and frighteningly powerful runner who can at least throw credibly well, that could be pretty entertaining.

Now, while I was spending most of my energy on Ricky Williams… The market for this card was going berserk. By night time on the 25th, it was selling for around 1.2 million coins.

EA then made an announcement that they were going to make available these special Christmas present cards as limited time only, available in packs, for 48 hours each. Derek Henry’s card is currently available, and will be through Wednesday morning. I don’t know what the play is here, I remain pretty confident that this card will be popular and interesting, and in demand after its availability is over… But with the extra wave of cards becoming available through this LTD availability, will that add supply, and reduce prices? I have bought three copies of the card today, at around 500 K apiece. My instinct is to spend almost all of my money buying this card, to get eight or nine copies, in hopes that in a week or two they are back to 900 K or so. But my confidence is not especially high that this will be true. So, I expect I will keep these three Derrick Henry cards, carry one extra Ricky Williams card, and buy one extra Marlon Humphrey card, in hopes that they all appreciate in value in the short to medium term… And then I can sell them at a 50% markup in two weeks or so.

We’ll see. Confidence not high here.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote