View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 09:29 AM   #371
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, I am now motivated by lack of something interesting to do, taking another look at all the component parts of the Andre Rison set, one of the team diamonds series that was pretty hot several weeks ago. My theory is that many of these plays are showing up again in higher level form… EA is cheap enough to have limited the number of players in the game, reducing costs and buying their rights.

If I’m right, Rison is a big enough name, that if he shows up again as a 9697 or 98 level player, he will be in big demand… He also played for multiple teams, and that adds to his value for those of us doing theme teams. Many such people will be looking for his 90 card to do a full power up, and that should drive up the cost not only of those cards, but also the component parts of its set. What was once a very lively market for these various gold cards has very much cold, and I am just scooping them up for 2000 coins and under… In hopes that the market will one day go bonkers again, and I can pick up these dusty old cards and sell them for 5000, 10,000, 20,000, whatever the ridiculous market might bear.

(Please forgive audio typos)
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote