View Single Post
Old 01-29-2022, 04:40 PM   #385
QuikSand
lolzcat

A fair but has happened since my last substantive update. Super quick rundown here.

Profit-seeking ventures, both resolved and in progress:

Investing in 96-rated Xmas "gift" cards - got sabotaged by EA running each of them as a Limited Edition after their announced one-time giveaway, then further sunk by "make rights" for some game glitch giving tone of people one of these for free -- result: medium losses

Ivesting in Andre Rison futures - still unresolved, but they just turned another 90-rated WR from the same set into a "Legend" card (Charlie Joiner) and it accomplished what I want here - Joiner's 90 card rocketed from 45K for 125K in a day and people are going nuts to do the set for that card... it's profitable at both levels (selling high on the 90, and gouging people buying the component pieces)...as long as Rison eventually gets a similar treatment, I am sitting on 20+ copies of the 90 card and lots of components... status: in progress

Buying cheap training before a market spike - on rumors that the Team of the Year release would spur demand for cards and drive prices up generally, I spent down around 2.5m coins to nearly zero, mostly buying 94-rated cards for under 100K coins (price or around 5.0/training). Market as predicted went up, though not hugely - sold a lot of those cards off around 130-140K, for a tidy profit, and sold several of the cards for training to refurbish both MIA and CLE rosters. Result: solid gain

So... at the moment, I'm back around 2m in cash, but rosters are FAR stronger than they were last time I did a serious rundown. My Browns roster is nearly maxed out (I still regret not buying semi-low on the big OBJ card) ... but I have drifted back to the Dolphins and have stripped them back to being a pure theme team again.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote