View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 02:06 AM   #66
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-It was bound to happen, the Spoiler has suffered a Elbow injury as the result of his ever-increasing workload. He expects to be out for about 3 weeks. He hasn't done too much for me yet - though he is undefeated for WCCW after 3 matches.

-The Luchador era has begun in WCCW, as I sign Villanos IV and V and Super Kendo to PPA deals. The Villanos come in at a $550 and $500/show, respectively, while Super Kendo is a bargain $150/show. Villano V has E- popularity all over the US, so at least some people have heard of him - I can't say the same for the other two (though it's kind of funny that someone could have heard of Villano V and not Villano IV) All of these guys are pure luchadors - not much for brawling, not much for technical wrestling, but fairly high ratings in athleticism and star quality. I'll decide what to do with these guys after the Parade of Champions, but Brian Adias should get fitted for a mask right away.

-With the new signings, my road agent tells me I now have 8 more wrestlers than I need. I'm going to cut at least 5 after the Parade show.

-UWA in Mexico, after unloading 9 luchadors, signed Arman Hussein to a PPA deal. I've managed to use Arman exactly once in almost 2 months. He just doesn't bring much to the table, either as a personality or a wrestler. With my recent signings, he's likely to go at the end of the month (even though he still considers us his priority company).

-I'm amused by a new team that has popped up in Maple Leaf Wrestling: The Original Shiek & Dennis Stamp (The latter of "I'm not booked" fame)

-Checking in quickly on the WWF, Hulk Hogan, who was signed a month or two ago but hasn't wrestled yet due to injury, will be ready to go next week. They're still pushing Ray Stevens as their world champion, it'll be interesting to see if hogan puts an end to that. Currently, the top pushed guys in the company are JYD, Sgt. Slaughter, Stevens, Bob Backlund, Pedro Morales, Andre the Giant, and Roddy Piper. None of the "big 4" (AWA, WWF, Georgia, Mid-Atlantic) have moved from Cult to National yet. The race is hugely important - National status lets a company sign exclusive talent contracts. I'm just a couple of months away from Cult if all goes well, perhaps I can be a factor in that race as well. Another pretty awesome thing I noticed from the WWF - they signed Larry Zbysko, who immediately formed a tag team with Bruno Sammartino.

-I make an offer to buy out Angelo Poffo's International Championship Wrestling. It might be premature in the game to do that, but they seem to be in pretty sad shape financially, and I have $750k in the bank. If I can actually pull this off now or later on, I'd probably just keep the contracts of Randy Savage and Lanny Poffo and dump everyone else.

-Next up - the Parade of Champions

Last edited by molson : 05-06-2007 at 02:48 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote