Old 01-13-2007, 12:50 AM   #63
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Press Conference: January, 2012

PRESEASON 2012

Press Conference
@Office of Coach Bear Growlz
University of Southern California Campus

Coach Bear Growlz (BG): Good afternoon. I have a brief statement to make, and then I'll take questions from y'all. Late last evening I spoke with the President of Notre Dame University. I informed the good father that I was honored and touched to be considered for the Head Coaching job at Notre Dame. I told him that as a boy I did indeed grow up dreaming of putting on the blue and gold, and now as a man coaching there would be a wonderful opportunity. But sometimes life takes you places where you never expect to go. Eight years ago I never would have pictured myself holding a press conference - heck who would have listened? *(laughter from assembled reporters)*

BG: I never expected to be the Head Coach of USC. That's one of those places life just took me. But a funny thing can happen along the way when life is blowing you around like a leaf in a New England autumn wind. Sometimes, every once in awhile, life takes you to a place where you're happy, a place where you don't want to leave. Even if you meant to go somewhere else, sometimes you're happier where life took you instead.

BG: I love it here at Southern Cal. I'm proud of what we've built here. I'm proud of our performance on the football field and in the classroom. Therefore, last evening when I spoke to Father McBride, I withdrew my name from consideration for the head Coaching job at Notre Dame.

BG: I'm the coach of Southern Cal, and I'm staying at Southern Cal.

BG: I'll take your questions now.

Eliza Chavez, USA Today: Coach, aren't you afraid this is a once in a lifetime opportunity that you're turning down?

BG: I have a once in a lifetime opportunity here at Southern Cal.

Paul Maret, CFW: Coach Growlz, how hard a decision was this to make? At any point did you think you would take the job at Notre Dame?

BG: *(nods)* Yes, it was a very difficult decision. Coaching at Notre Dame is an extraordinary opportunity for a football coach. It just came down to where was the right place for me to be right now. I thought long and hard about it, and the place for me is at Southern Cal doing what I'm doing. Oh, and beating Notre Dame of course.

*(laughter from the reporters)*

Jillian Cannon, USC Trojan: Coach, boxers or briefs?

*(more laughter from reporters)*

BG: Can a football coach plead the 5th?

*(more laughter)*

Twig Harper, LA Times: Coach, gonna beat UCLA this year?

BG: Damn well going to try Twig. Damn well going to try.

USC Spokesperson: That'll be all for now, thank you for attending. Just down the hall we have working facilities for you to call, fax or email in your stories.

-20-
beargrowlz is offline   Reply With Quote