View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 01:06 AM   #64
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Winter 2012: Media Snippetts

LA Times
February, 2012

University of Southern California Offensive Coordinator Korey Butler today announced he had accepted the Offensive Coordinator position at Penn State University. It was an odd, almost lateral move for Coach Butler - though Penn State is currently a little more prestigious than USC - so we asked Coach Butler about the move. Butler stated, "Y'all, I want to be a Division 1 Head Coach. With Coach Growlz deciding he was a gonna be staying at USC, I don't think that job will be open for awhile. I figure Old Coach Joey P is gonna die...er...retire soon, so I decided Penn State was the place to be."

We asked USC Head Coach Bear Growlz for comment and he stated "I wish Korey all the best in the world at Penn State. He's a terrific coach and we're sure going to miss him." When asked if he was angry that Butler left for another college, Coach Growlz replied, "No. I knew when we hired Korey this was a stepping stone on his career path. But he did a great job here and that's all that matters."

Before Butler was hired at USC, he was Head Coach of Division 1-AA Georgia Southern, a perennial 1-AA national power.

-20-
beargrowlz is offline   Reply With Quote