View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 12:29 AM   #478
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-I officially cancel the TV show contract. It takes a few days for that deal to go through, and then I'll start looking for a new network & time slot.

-Ricky Steamboat has won some magazine award as the "Best Overall Wrestler Today". Stemboat currently works for Mid-Atlantic, Maple Leaf Wrestling, and Southwest Championship Wrestling.

-Buddy Roberts, Koko. B Ware, and Roddy Piper are exhausted after the show. Impressively, David Von Erich is not.

-Buddy Roberts arrived late for the last show. He gets a 1-week suspension.

-Buzz Sawyer won the AWA World Championship from Wahoo McDaniel.

-Since I'm "at war" with SWCW, Gino Hernandez leaves them since he's now signed with us. It's kind of fun to devastate someone else's roster.

-Terry Gordy is already 2 months into the 3 month contract I sign with him, so to make sure he's going to be part of our future main event seen, I enter into negotiations with him, and re-sign him at an additional 3 months for $1,975/show, which is a big raise from his current $1,475. But he's still a decent bargain. I could have waited longer to sign him, and used him longer under that lower rate, but since he's in our main event angle, it's good to lock up him up now.

-I also try to negotiate with Abdullah the Butcher, but Fritz caps my offer at a few hundred dollars/show too little. Even when I boosted up all of the extras (creative control, % of merchandise, travel costs paid), he wouldn't budget. That's one pet peeve I have with this game - some guys may require stuff like creative control, but nobody's willing to take less money for it. Like for Abdullah, I'd love to bring him in and just destroy everyone for a few months before leaving.

-Stan Hansen & Buzz Sawyer (a pretty bad-ass team) defeated Manny Fernandez & Steve Keirn to win the National Tag Team Championship (Georgia).

-Just a few days after I cancel my tv contract, I get another one. 6 months, a national, 90 minute show on TBS, LIVE on Wednesday at 11 PM. That's one hour earlier than my current show is running on syndication. So I'm getting a little more popular, but I'm also facing both a declining wresting industry and general economy in the US. TBS doesn't air in Puerto Rico, like my syndication deal did, but that's a minor issue. (Though if I stay on TBS long-term, I might have to run some shows in Puerto Rico to get to national level).
molson is offline   Reply With Quote