View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 12:57 PM   #489
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Not to jack the thread, especially since I have you to blame for getting this game. I find that my creativity is horrible. However, I did have my first "A" rated match. It was a two out of three falls match between Bockwinkle and Raschke, as they continue thier now very hot fued. Raschke is my champion, but this match was the main event at my May 83 end of month show. After the match, which Raschke won 2-0 after he nailed Bockwinkle with a foreign object, Larry Zybyszco came down and helped Bockwinkle beat the Crazy Nazi down, and the show ended with Bockwinkle walking away with the title belt. Bockwinkle and Zybysco make a great combination (intelectual superior heels), it's just to bad that I am going to lose Heenan because Verne won't pay him enough. It was a B+ show that also featured a great match between Wahoo and Patera (furthering their fued as well). My question though, I have having a big problem of declining attendance, despite top shelf shows, and declining TV ratings. I think that my advertising is to blame, how long in advance do you need to advertise to see a benefit? My show last night was down about 600-700 from what the projected should be. I am having a hard time figuring out who is going to be wrestling each show. I guess what I need to to is preplan each of my next few shows, and just try and stay ahead of the whole process.

More WCCW now, please. thx

AWA was my second choice with this dynasty - I'm assuming you weren't able to hang on to Hogan? (I'm pretty sure it's not possible).

Advance booking is very, very simple in this version, I think that's something they'll expand upon in the future. It doesn't seem to matter how much in advance you book matches. And you can edit those advance bookings right up until showtime. So this is a place a lot of people use houserules (you have to advance book your main events at least a week in advance for weekly shows, and longer for monthly shows, etc.).

As far as your attendence issues - I'm pretty sure that the "expected" number (if you ask for it the night of the show), already takes into account all factors like advertising, etc. The only times I've seen drastic drops in the actual attendence numbers is when I price the tickets too high for an event - have you been tweaking those? I make sure to reset the ticket prices to default before every event, and then add or subtract a couple of dollars based on how the projected numbers work out with my arena capacity. (If I'm projecting 5,400 and I'm using a 5,000 seat arena, I'll make the tickets a few dollars more expensive, with the aim of still getting the sell-out).

Otherwise, my attendence numbers are always where I expect them, though I've heard grumblings on the TEW boards about that not being the case with other people - so I'm not sure I know what all the factors are.

Last edited by molson : 11-09-2007 at 01:07 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote