View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 01:38 PM   #493
molson
General Manager

I usually advance book about 2-3 matches. When I really don't know what I'm going to do, I'll just advertise "David Von Erich v. TBA" or something. I really don't know what effect it has at all, or how many matches you need to book. I just try to advertise enough high profile matches to where I'm not penalized.

Live v. Taped - same time slot and network and you're getting worse ratings? Interesting. I'm starting my first live show next week, so this is good news for me.

I noticed my TV ratings were directly correlated to the quality of my show. When I had a show bomb (quality wise), I knew the ratings the next week would drop.

4,088 is a tough expected attendence number to know what to do with. I'd probably make the tickets a little cheaper than default to see if I could get to a 5k sell-out. Not sure why you're getting so much less actually showing up, but make sure you have at least one "main-event" level match advertised. I don't know if that'll make a difference, but that's what I always do and I don't have those problems.

The only other thing I can think of, if your shows keep getting worse tv ratings and attendence, is that the wrestling industry and general economy imay be in decline. That can have a huge effect. The letter grade of each (and whether it's rising or falling) is available somwhere - I think the wrestling world tab/screen. Is anybody going out of business? (If you're not doing so, make a habit of checking the "wrestling media" screen every day - it gives you little fun blurbs about what's going on in the universe, and gives you hints about who's having financial trouble, etc.)

Last edited by molson : 11-09-2007 at 01:52 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote