View Single Post
Old 02-17-2024, 02:14 AM   #7
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

We shall start each week on Saturday because...it's Saturday.

And now I present the Ascended games of the week:

Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year ASCENDS from 60% to 70%

The last time I got an achievement was 2017. That's when I finished the game. I had made the odd try again over the years but nothing too serious. Today I was watching someone else play it for the first time. (Oh dear!) and that made me load it up again but this time I looked up precisely what I had to do.
I got the BRONZE PREDATOR CHALLENGE achievement but playing a few challenge maps. No hiding having to do this. Just gotta do it altho I did watch a couple videos to see how to do some of these moves. Seriously the main problem with this game was I hadn't played in so long I forgot how. Many things. But after doing 8 of the chalennge requirements in just 3 of the challenge maps was all it took. Will get silver and gold some other time.
Next I finally got the LAST collectible. This had me SO STUCK for so long. I had gotten all the others. But looking it up I see the devs decided to be cute and only allow you to get the last scarab recording once you had gotten all the others and then you had to go to a really annoying place. I spent like 2 hours tryingto get there through tricky tunnels only to realize I could have taken an open doorway that I had completely missed seeing. FML.

But I got the WORLD'S GREATEST DETECTIVE achievment (yet can't find an open doorway he's standing next to)

Despite this fact I still feel like a badass running through the halls or gliding over the countryside.

The next one I jumped into was
THE LAST DAY OF JUNE ASCENDS from 60% to 70%
A clever title because JUNE is your wife. This is a groundhog Day type of game where you spend the same day over and over again trying to prevent a deadly car crash from happening that claimed her.
I got the Flowers in her hair ACH by starting the game over and just feching a flower immediately and giving it to her.
Then I got the Art Afficianado ACH by looking at every painting in their house.

Both of these games I had completed in the past just didn't get all the ACHS.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote