View Single Post
Old 02-28-2024, 02:55 PM   #23
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Inspired and helped by a friend, I went to watch some videos about the next serious sam achievement, CATHEDRAL KING. This is like the METROPOLIS KING achievment from SS:The First encounter. Basically, beat this really hard level without dying....OR reloading. Thus you have to do it in one sitting. Metropolis king was sooooo friggin hard and I still can't believe I did it. However there is some good cheese factor with this one. A lot of it you can sit back from a distance and pick off everything. However you have to get in those positions where you can do that. And to successfully do so you have to concentrate the whole time otherwise something will zap you. Also there is a place at the beginning of the map you can rocket jump over a wall and over a teleporter to the outside of the maze and skip most of it and only do the HUGE LONGASS battles at the end. I've finally through playing around managed to get that first rocket jump but doing both of them has been too hard. It takes extreme precision and I just have to be in the zone to do which frequently doesn't work. I seem to do it great when just practicing. Also my mouse sucks. So I've settled with doing the first jump and then doing the entire final battle at the ends. Both of them I should say. Last night I finally managed to do it! Got up onto the wall. Jumped over the teleporter. Jumped down onto the other side. Ran the megalong distance to the cathedral. GOt some more armour and started the long fight. Ran away from and shot lots of headless kamikazes and made it behind the huge building (where nothing spawns). Then sat back and killed everything that came around the corner and kept a sharp eye out for anything that spawned in the distance on that left side. Just kept picking things off and got braver and braver. and Got everything. Then ran back to the entrance, got everything else that spawned and picked up health and armour and powerups and ran through the final door. Got into place for the final battle and....I messed it upp.

Got too cocky. Peeks around the corner one too many times. I mistook a fast moving werebull for a slow moving roclet pig and he charged me and killed me. Ugh. But it was fun that time. Really fun. I think in future tries I will kill all the zorg at the beginning (red and blue aliens that fire lasers) before making the rocket jumps. Takes the edge off.

Also loaded up Pumpkin Jack a game much like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon. You play a pumpkinhead scarecrow with an owl and crow friend. It's a 3D action platformer very cartoony and beetlejuicy.

hooray.

Finally sound my way out of the Barn and did an interesting chase sequence to get out of the burning barn.

Then did a boss battle with a scarecrow for an ach.

CURSE OF THE SCARECROW. Kill the tyrannical scarecrow to liberate the crows.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote