View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 09:03 PM   #14
muns
Pro Starter

After getting the staff all together for bonding it was time to start talking turkey.

We had 2 open scholarships and it was currently right smack in the middle of the Transfer period.

After some debate on if we should use both up, Kim and I decided it would be best to use 1, as we graduate 2 seniors this year. That 3rd unused scholarship will be used to recruit 3 new freshman and that will help to keep our roster balanced.

We were working as a team beautifully. We hit the phones pretty hard and boy let me tell you, Kim just doesn't stop. I can already tell she might be the best thing I do here, and its just the first month on the job.

She caught wind that a big time transfer wasn't happy in the Big East, did her homework on her and presented it to me with a big bow on it. I believe the quote was

"Jay I set you up for this one, now its your turn to close this thing out and knock it down!!!"

The kid she was talking about was the 84th ranked best player in the land last year as a Freshman. She was an All state 6'1 Sophomore from New Jersey named Alexis Friedman. This kid wasn't all that bright, but the coaches that talked to Kim all said she wasn't a behavior problem. She just didn't like Seton Hall anymore.

As previously stated Kim did the homework, put the time in and in no time had Alexis wanting to talk with me about getting a scholarship. It was a no brainer, and we officially just signed our first kid to NWCIS!

I think this might be my first project for Kim's husband and our tutoring program. Alexis is a beast on the post defensively (game rating wise 68 post D, 78 blocks). As long as she hits the books, she should have a nice impact on our team going forward.

I couldn't be any happier with how my first few months have started to shape up here at NWCIS!!!

Last edited by muns : 01-24-2012 at 09:04 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote