View Single Post
Old 09-02-2021, 02:56 PM   #24
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

The new men's team I'm on ended up at B8. I'm a bit shocked we are that low, given they moved a father/son "A" level pair down (or maybe just the father was on the A team and the son is wanting to join - that would probably explain the ranking). Regardless, I'm on that team and team practices start tonight. They were supposed to start Monday but they were rained out.

I'm planning to attend this team practice so the captain can get an idea of who I am and how I play. Plus it will give me a chance to meet most of my new teammates before the season starts on Saturday 9/11.

Honestly, I'm not sure how much I'm going to end up playing. The way the team is constructed I believe the captain is planning on playing:

1. The father/son pair from the A team
2. my buddy Joe and his T2 and Ultimate Tennis league partner Graham.
3. The 1 seed pair from the captains C4 team that went to city finals last year
4. The 2 seed pair from the city finals team
5. The 3 seed pair from the city finals team

Combine that with the fact, that I'm planning on attending as many of Bear's swim meets as possible and my windows to compete are going to be pretty small. I believe I have 3 maybe 4 weeks of the season where I can play, so I'm guessing I'll end up getting the minimum 2 matches required to make me eligible for the playoffs in case we make them.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote