View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 09:09 AM   #119
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97
I was at my in-laws last night, but was able to catch the second half of the game after we had dinner. I didn't get to see Allen play, but that Reed kid is a serious player. Right after he scored on that 25 yard run, he made the tackle on the kickoff...gotta like that...some kids might take a play off to pat themselves on the back, but not him.
Yeah, Jarvis "Bubba" Reed is probably the next D-1 back in line at the T-U-C. He's a sophomore, as mentioned earlier. No one calls him Jarvis, or even Reed. Just Bubba, thank you very much.

Quote:
Harris wasn't throwing the ball around in the second half like he did in the first half, but you could just tell by watching him that he's got what it takes to play QB in D-I. Who's recruiting him?
Offers from UNC, Maryland and Boston College among others. Expect him to get more by the end of the year.
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewpros...=37901&Sport=1

Quote:
Besides those two, I was most impressed wth Lyons...my father in law took the words out of my mouth when he said "That guy's a beast".
He's realer than Real Deal Holyfield. I'm not looking forward to facing him as a Senior.

Quote:
Can't say I was all that impressed with Myke Compton, though....he didn't run well when I watched, and on the Lyons 75 yard TD, he seemed a bit lazy in the secondary....he was literally walking to the other side of the play because he got sucked in by the QB fakes after the handoff. Marist had a guard go down field to block him, but the kid didn't have to do anything since Compton took himself out of the play.
Trust me. Compton is a player. With Asher going out, he carried a heavy, heavy load last night on both sides of the ball. He didn't get many breaks as the game went on, and was near exhaustion at the end
Quote:
Oh...and what's up with that 5'2" lineman? When he was standing beside the other lineman (don't remember his name, but he was the D-I recruit who got hurt in the second half) they looked like father and son.
From the dynasty thread...
OG/MG Anthony Cloud (Sr.)--Tucker seems to always start a lineman or two who are 5'7" or shorter, but who are strong and solidly built, and Anthony is cut from that mold. Anthony is a real spark-plug: a VERY vocal player who can always be counted on to help fire up the rest of the team. He might have a shot at a small-college scholly.

Give Anthony a break. I mean, he is at LEAST 5'5"!!! Actually, he's quick, strong, and one of our more formidable offensive linemen. His lack of height gives him great leverage. He also plays some MG/NT on defense. He's can be quite difficult to block.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 09-17-2005 at 09:54 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote