View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 07:55 AM   #76
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
It's because the bill put the onus on the states to implement them and most states haven't even started soliciting bids to install them. You're building a nationwide network with 48 states all having to build them separately but also meet the national standards required.

As far as I can tell, you just have to drive to Meijer in Lexington and spend an hour tooling around the store while your car recharges. That is, if it's not winter when you might not make it to Meijer before your battery dies.

EV has a really bad narrative right now. I say "narrative" because I don't own one and am only going off of things I've been told by people I know (like friends and neighbors) and stories in the news (like the Ford CEO who admitted to a "reality check" trying to drive his EV pickup across country).

I had considered one for my next car, which I'm guessing will be no earlier than 2026. But now, I'm probably only interested in a hybrid, if that. I drive an hour both ways to work twice a week. No way am I interested in voluntarily adding the stress of possibly needing to juice up just to get home from work in January/February. They're going to have to make some big strides to improve things to change minds. And I consider myself pretty open-minded about EV, but from what I read/been told, it can be a big hassle depending on your use case.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-29-2024 at 08:16 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote