Thread: Books
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 07:07 PM   #225
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I read so many books that it would be hard for me keep up a list. But I feel compelled to list a couple of books from two of my very favorite authors:

Amazon.com: The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid: A Memoir: Bill Bryson: Books

I really love Bill Bryson and his sometimes exaggerated descriptions of growing up in the 50s and early 60s in Des Moines are perhaps the funniest things I have ever read. Every page is a laugh out loud moment, which is saying a lot for me.

Amazon.com: A Voyage Long and Strange: Rediscovering the New World: Tony Horwitz: Books

Tony Horwitz is perhaps my favorite writer, being a historian and a travel writer, my top 2 favorite subjects. He's the one that did Confederates in the Attic and he takes a similar style in following the histories and paths of the early North American explorers (from the Vikings to Plymouth).

WSUCougar mentioned my favorite historical novelist, Jeff Shaara, and I agree completely with his views on Rise to Rebellion (plsu his sequel The Glorious Cause). I picked up his two WW2 novels written in the same vain The Steel Wave and The Rising Tide and will be getting to those soon.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote