View Single Post
Old 03-26-2005, 08:10 PM   #506
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 of my players have been called up for the Confederations Cup match.

Downing, Eagles, Rooney, Ferdinand, and Smith have been called up for England.

Tim Howard has been called up for the USA.

The Board has announced that they plan on enlarging the stadium by about 16,000 seats. It is estimated that the expansion will take about 3 months to complete. Our capacity will be temporarily reduced as part of the south stand will be closed during the renevotation.

The board have announced that my transfer budget for the upcoming season will be 26.5 million dollars. I will also be allowed to keep all additional revenue that I generate through the selling of players.

A surprise! Eric Djemba Djemba was selected as the Player of the Year by supporters!

Our club's academy has promoted the following players to our U18 squad for assessment:

Keith McDermott - a 16 year old midfielder who doesn't appear to have too much potential to my eye.

John Cooke - a 16 year old striker with some potential, but very raw.

Anthony Morris - a 17 year old striker with some potential, but also very raw.

Nicky Gray - a 15 year old midfielder who looks worthless to me.

Stephen Wright - a 17 year old midfielder with a glimmer of potential.

Andy Johnson - a 15 year old left fullback who has just the slightest bit of potential.

Darren Lawson - a 16 year old centreback with a bit of potential.

Alan Fowler - an 18 year old midfielder who doesn't look like he will stick around long.

Gary Walker - a 17 year old striker with some potential, particularly good finishing, but lacks footspeed.

John Gray - a 17 year old midfielder with plenty of potential. we'll keep an eye on him.

Mark Lambert - an 18 year old right winger with the most potential. He is very raw, but he has a chance to develop into a good player.

We were just given 24.5 million dollars for EPL TV rights for the upcoming season.

The board is very pleased with my performance as maanger. They expect me to build upon last season's success and win the Premier Division this year.

Stewart Downing's average form of 8.93 for the season is a new record for the team.

OOC Note: So ends my first season as manager of Manchester United. I'll be starting a thread for the new season either later tonight or tomorrow. I've got to think quite a bit about what I want to do with the 26.5 million. I'm leaning towards just getting another defender and perhaps a right winger, but I'm also considering a new keeper. Either way, they will be moderately priced players, probably in the 10 million dollar range.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote