View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 10:58 AM   #16
BYU 14
Coordinator

GCW: Spring Stampede
Sarasota, Florida - April Week 3 1987

Pre-Show

The Andersons vs Art Barr & Kenny Jay
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, The Andersons defeated Art Barr and Kenny Jay in 7:50 when Arn Anderson defeated Kenny Jay by pinfall with a DDT. We give the first 500 attendees a bonus with a pre-show squash as the Andersons dismantle Jay and Barr, leaving both with mangled limbs.
Rating: C-

Main Card
Tommy Rich comes to the ring and grabs a microphone. “Bob Roop I’ll tell y’all something, last month you got this southern boys blood boiling, running around her like a Fox in Henhouse, bushwhacking people left and right. I’m a tellin ya right now, if ya ain’t yellow get yer tail down here to the ring and face me like a man!”
Rating: D+

Bob Roop comes out with a sneer on his face. Son, if you wrestle the way you talk, I’ll be more than happy to kick your butt starting right now!” Roop runs to the ring and we have a match

Tommy Rich vs Bob Roop
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Tommy Rich defeated Bob Roop in 9:54 by pinfall following botched interference by Shane Douglas. The youngest member of the wrecking crew tried to help his stable mate, but the veteran Rich ducked and Roop took a blackjack to the mouth allowing Rich to score the pin.
Rating: C

Roop wakes up and is not happy with Douglas, deriding him all the way to the back as the future ‘Franchise’ tries to explain himself.
Rating: D-

Sting vs Pat Rose
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Sting defeated Pat Rose in 8:59 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock. Sting makes his GCW debut and shows well against the treacherous Pat Rose, gaining the win when he reversed a toe hold into his finisher in dramatic fashion.
Rating: D

Terry Daniels comes out and talks awkwardly about his beat down by Abdullah the Butcher last month, ending with a heartfelt. “I really want to thank my good friend Sergeant Slaughter for helping me out last month, but I need to redeem myself, I can do better and would appreciate a match tonight to prove it.”
Rating: F+

Gordon Solie consoles the young wrestler, then announces he has just been informed that Daniels has been given a match with Rip Morgan who is already in the ring, expecting to wrestle Todd Champion.
Rating: E

Terry Daniels vs Rip Morgan
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Terry Daniels defeated Rip Morgan in 10:09 by pinfall. Daniels has a tough go early, but rallies as the crowd gets behind him and scores the win with a sunset flip.

Ole and Arn Anderson are seen lurking in the back and ambush Mr. Wrestling II as he rounds the corner, dropping the masked man and attacking his leg with a chair. Arn screams at Wrestling II that he should never have crossed paths with The Wrecking Crew, Sam Houston runs in swinging in an attempt to save II. Ole and Double A quickly overwhelm Houston and leave him lying after a body slam on the hard concrete floor.

Ole and Arn then make their way to the announcer’s area and interrupt Gordon Solie.
Ole: “Two things that people around here better take note of. One, it’s OK for you hillbillies to bath more than once a month and two. You think the Anderson’s or the rest of The Wrecking Crew are going to have sympathy on anyone that gets in our way, then think again!”

Arn: “Wrestling II, you are wearing a strap you don’t deserve and won’t be keeping much longer. Y0u talk about the legends of Georgia Wrestling? Well maybe at one time you were one, but now you are old, irrelevant and in danger that just gets worse the longer you avoid us! And Sam Houston, boy, you stuck your skinny little neck in a place that will get it broken. You want to run out and stand up for your hero, then be prepared to pay the ultimate price son. In fact your actions today have insured that your suffering will be legendary, even by the Anderson’s standards!”

Doug Gilbert vs Rick Rude
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Rick Rude defeated Doug Gilbert in 7:30 by pinfall with a Rude Awakening. Rude’s strip tease takes almost as long as the match as he pulls Gilbert up twice from pins before salting the match away with his signature DDT.

Marty Jannetty come to the ring and pauses before addressing the crowd. “You know, it’s really great to be here in Georgia, but for with the Midnight Express running around and talking stuff a piece of the puzzle was missing since I need someone I can count on to take them on. Well I’d like to introduce my partner and best friend, Shawn Michaels!” Michaels comes to the ring to a less than overwhelming response, the Midnight Rockers have some folks to win over as the crowd is not sure what to make of the flashy newcomers.
Rating: E+

Bruce Prichard approaches me backstage as the fans see the ensuing argument on the video screen. He is unhappy about Michael’s presence and I simply remind him that he agreed to any partner and walk away. His voice echoes in my ear as he reaffirms several times how much he doesn’t lovvvvvvve me.
Rating: D-

Gordon Solie: “Well there you have it ladies and gentlemen, it looks like Janetty and Michaels are set to face the Midnight Express and the word I am getting is that the National Tag Team belts will be up for grabs. This one is sure to be a dandy, as two of the brightest young teams in the sport are on track for what promises to be a pier six extravaganza.”

Curt Hennig vs Tony Anthony
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Curt Hennig defeated Tony Anthony in 12:02 when Tony Anthony was disqualified when Rick Rude ran in and attacked Curt Hennig. Hennig has problems early as Anthony earns his nickname of ‘Dirty White Boy’ but the master technician from Minnesota soon gains the upper hand and plants Anthony with a Fisherman’s suplex, but before Hildebrand can complete the count Rick Rude hits the ring and breaks it up, before spiking Hennig with a Rude Awakening , prompting the disqualification.

Curt Hennig staggers to his feet and Rude and Anthony drop him with a double clothesline and go to work. Iceman King Parsons runs in from the back and clears the ring with a steel chair, which brings an extremely animated response from Anthony, who promises to knock the braids off of Parson’s head as he retreats to the back.
Rating: E

Sergeant Slaughter vs Abdullah the Butcher
In a match that had some good action and average heat, Abdullah the Butcher drew with Sgt. Slaughter in 11:59 following a double count out. This was a bloodbath from the word jump as both men got color and brawled in the ring, around the ring and into the stands using anything they could get their hands on as weapons. Hildebrand eventually counted both wrestlers out as the brawl continued into the loading dock where security and Police eventually broke it up.
Rating: C+

Mr. Wrestling II comes to the ring as the show ends and addresses the Anderson rant from earlier. “Arn Anderson you think a name and a legacy you didn’t even create entitles you to talk to me like you did tonight? This new Wrecking Crew you boast about has only one member the original, ‘Minnesota Wrecking Crew’ and even though that name may have inspired fear in some, I was never one of them. You want a shot at me, you don’t even have to ask after what you did tonight! I’ll give it to you next month at Mayhem and it’ll even come with this on the line.” Wrestling II hoists the belt as the crowd ends the show with chants of Two, Two, Two, Two!

Overall Rating: D+ Attendance: 4,000 (Sell out) Gate: $60,000

Not an attractive show from a matchup stand point, but without TV I have to use our monthly shows to set up the storylines. Hopefully this ends in May as we will look to negotiate a deal as having a less than stellar card hurt our ratings and we probably slipped yet again in popularity.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-31-2011 at 01:03 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote