View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 12:36 PM   #3
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

As far as my own response, I'd say that I don't mind the astrology model, but my primary wish in this area is something that isn't 100% predictable. That's the one "real-life" thing I'd like to see modeled: NFL teams don't know beyond a shadow of a doubt every single time they sign a player whether said player is going to be positive/neutral/negative with regard to team chemistry. However, team chemistry is 100% predictable in FOF, and it therefore encourages people to do things like convert a player from QB-->S-->LB because he'd be a good position leader, or draft the same guy and not sign him year after year because he is a triple affinity QB, or to create a roster that looks like this:

I think you have to consider the natural competitiveness of the multiplayer environment when making these types of decisions. If you create a chemistry model that can be easily predicted and exploited, then it will be predicted and exploited.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 08-28-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote