View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 11:10 AM   #24
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

11 Nov, 1484

Let’s do a 40 year review now, before things get too crazy for my normal 50 year review

40 Year Review

Given how little many readers may know of the area, I decided to update my overarching 40 Year Review instead of a 50 year one

Here is a zoomed out map:

As you can see, we have mapped out from our explorer all the way from the east coast of Madagascar to the western Pacific ocean. A new mechanic that debuted in the latest expansion is one called innovativeness, and you get some when you are the first in the world to get a certain tech or Idea. We got some for ideas, and were the first with Exploration Ideas as you can see.

Zoomed in map of the Philippines

As you can see, we are in the south and central part of the map, and north of us is the four-province state of our erstwhile ally-cum-rival as well as our actual ally and vassal Maynila.

I have 12000 troops, 5000 cavalry and 7000 infantry

My next colonial target is likely to be deeper in the Indies to give me a good post to explore from deeper and push my colonial range more.

Samar and Tagloc are my current colonies. I expect my next is the Spice Island of Ampon, which is one of the best in the area with small and weak natives and a 12 development on the island already. In the northern part of the Sea of Banda

I do see myself moving forward militarily on something like Sulu, Brunei, and such soon.

My holdings in the order I brought them in

Butuan
– We have a marketplace and workshop here in the tropical, port, marshes of our capital. The gem trade is big and we make 1.45 here monthly.

Lanao – 0.53 I made here in this coastal port coastline holding that works the spice trade. It has a marketplace.

Cebu – This central island in the middle of the Philippines is a gem-based economy for the coastline, tropical port. They make us 1.05 monthly in this coastal Center of Trade. I gave it to my merchants, and due to the lack of full autonomy here, Cebu does not give us it’s full value.. It does have a marketplace here.

Maguindanao –
This former capital of our co-island conspirators has Hills, a temple and marketplace, the spice trade, it’s a tropical port, and it makes us 1.20 monthly

Buglas – This island, west of Cebu, was recently taken from Madyas, and is the home of strong Sugar trade. The coastal, port, of tropical nature makes 0.50 monthly here. I gave it to my nobles, and is does not give us it’s full value. It does have a marketplace here.

Panay – The last place I took militarily is Penay, the former capital of Madyas. This island, also a tropical port with a coastline harvested for grain, sees 0.46 made here. It still has an autonomy of 28.9%. And it’ll be more late. It does have a temple here.

Former Colonies –

Caraga – 4 development, Coffee and a marketplace in this coastline and port. They make us 0.34 monthly, which is high for their low development. I'll try to develop it more moving forward, and it may have a good tax base.

Leyte – To Caraga’s north and Cebu’s east is Leyte, a province with Incense as its key trade, and it’s 8 development nets us 0.34 monthly from the tropical coastline.

Current Colonies – Semar. Tagloc

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote