View Single Post
Old 01-31-2006, 10:03 PM   #74
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Help is on the way!

Even before our devastating loss to Santa Cruz I was concerned about two main areas of the club: the offensive line and the defensive front. The O-line showed me that there's still good reason to be worried about them, but I think with time they'll improve considerably (especially the two young guards).

I wasn't quite so confident about the defensive front, so I pulled the trigger on a trade that will instantly infuse us with a much-needed talent upgrade. We traded our 1st rounder in 2010, 1st rounder in 2011, 3rd rounder in 2010, and a couple of bench players to the Cleveland Flats for RDT Harold Stoltzfus and OLB Buster Trujillo.

That's right - the guy I described as a "monster" before our matchup with Cleveland is now a Toro. Best defensive tackle in the league, according to scouts across the league. He'll take over for Henry Stansell and clog up some major running lanes while getting good pressure on the QB. And Trujillo isn't just gravy - he's a good OLB against the run and has tremendous pass rushing skills. I anticipate starting him at WLB and pulling him up to the line to rush the passer on passing downs.

A hefty price to pay, for sure, but I think it'll be worth it.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote