View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 09:50 PM   #80
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Focus On: The Stars of Las Vegas

Our next opponents are the hated-but-respected Las Vegas Rounders, ably managed by TurfToe. TT has accumulated a fair amount of talent in Vegas since he took over the franchise several seasons ago. A little too much talent, if you ask me. To wit:

QB Lenny "Jackpot" Olsen - This 12th-year vet specializes in throwing the deep ball (thus the nickname - get it?), and he is able to do so with some success. His career ypa average is just over 7, and he's tossed 144 TDs (tied for 5th all-time) in his career against just 96 INTs. The vertical passing game can be very effective when it is on, but when it is off it can result in a lot of incompletions (career 54.7%), which have dragged his career QB rating down to just 79.7. Lenny's not much of a runner, and has taken a bit of a pounding over the years (214 sacks in 6+ seasons), but he's still got plenty left in the tank (69/69).

DE Zachery Aaron - Aaron is a true monster of an end (77/80) and ranks 9th all-time in sacks (50.5). He posted career highs with 11 sacks in both of the last two seasons, and last year he managed to post 82 tackles (66 solo). Thus, it is safe to say that he's just as talented against the run as he is rushing the passer. The 12-year vet has only missed three games to injury in his career, unfortunately.

DT Mario Ah Yat - Ah Yat was the 3rd overall pick in the 2006 draft and is one of those rare high picks who managed to live up to his billing. Ah Yat anchors the middle of the line and is a great run stuffer. He's posted totals of 81, 84, and 111(!) tackles in his first three seasons. He can also get in the way of errant passes, as he blocked 7 of those last year.

The Rest of the Defensive Front - Oh hell, why stop at Aaron and Ah Yat? The rest of the line is solid, and the linebackers are excellent. It is hard not to envy the depth TurfToe has up front.

And that's the last kind thing I'll say about the Rounders. I wouldn't want TT to get a big(ger) head.

Last edited by Fonzie : 02-06-2006 at 09:50 PM.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote