View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 09:16 PM   #99
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Focus On: The Stars of Long Beach

It seems as though I say this whenever I evaluate the roster of a San Andreas division team, but why Long Beach is stuck with a record of just 2-5 is beyond me. This team is loaded with talent.

QB Josh Urrutia - Josh was a 5-year starter with Memphis before joining Long Beach in 2008, and he has enjoyed 1.5 years of great play since making the transition. His QB Rating last year was a career-high 92.7, and this year he's on pace to break that with a 94.8 rating through 7 games. Urrutia has the distinction of having started every regular season game of his career (103 consecutive starts). He can be a difference-maker.

RB Don Terrell - Don was the 4th overall pick of the 2007 draft, but this is just his first full year of holding the starting RB job. For his career (37 games, 13 starts) he has 360 carries for 1547 yds and 7 TDs. He's also caught 31 passes for 220 yds and 2 TDs. This might be his breakout year, as he's already halfway to 1000 yds in just 7 games. He's talented, but has yet to prove himself over a full season.

LT K.C. Davis - K.C. (according to rumor, "K.C." stands for "Karaoke Crusader") was the 7th overall pick in 2006, but may well have been the most talented player to come out of that draft class (although Willie Golalic and Burt Liskiewicz might beg to differ). He's been a true O-line anchor since day one, and has no weaknesses in his game. He's the perfect left tackle.

WLB Hollis Beardsley - Not often you get a weak-side linebacker listed as one of your top players, but this guy is a run-stopping monster. And on top of that, he's actually good in coverage, a rarity for a Will.

The Secondary - Bobby Miller, Herschel Schrock, and Craig Jiles form a fine triumverate of pass-disrupting pass disruptors. They're a bit beat up right now, though. Bobby Miller is on the injury report as "probable" with a sprained ankle and Craig Jiles has been forced to the sideline for a week to recover from heat exhaustion.

Some good talent here. Tomorrow's game will be a tough one, for sure.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote