View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 08:13 PM   #354
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan View Post
How does the "triple threat" work? The only moves I really know are the behind-the-back, spin move, and basic crossover. I feel like I'm missing some other major feature?

Not sure what my inside success is, though I do use adjusted sliders. I just looked at the ones I downloaded from OS and it was set to 45 for humans, and I'm pretty sure I didn't tweak that, so it looks like that's what I'm at. It seems just about right, to me.

My star PF is so confusing. He is PERFECT PF size (6'-9", 250lb) but really has a confusing offensive game. He has a very good 3 point shot (and has a FAST release -- do you have anyone with that wicked quick release?), but doesn't like to try to get open behind the 3-point line. That's why I was asking about the play-designer being used in legacy mode. Any info you find on that would be greatly appreciated. But while he's a great 3-pt shooter he's open so little that he usually only hits a couple a game (and can't get on a hot streak because he doesn't take enough of them). He doesn't move that well so I can't just give him the ball on the outside and let him drive. I have to either set him up for the jumper or lay it off deep in the post area; nothing in between. It's a nice challenge though. I think when I get the big, strong PG for next year who can get into the lane my PF will really explode. He is awesome on the defensive glass despite relatively modest height.

What kind of ratings bumps do you typically see over guys' careers? I get the sense that at my Northern Colorado (closed legacy) team guys with C or better potential are really valuable. Is that the case or am I too optimistic?

I appreciate all the info, let me know at any time if I'm asking too many questions!

What year are you in in your dynasty?

45 isn't bad for inside success. A touch high for my taste, but much better than default of 50. As far as the triple threat move, I think there quickness and handle rating are a big factor on how successful it is, but if you release it just right, they can really explode in whatever direction they dribble in. That is the main thing I do.

I've found the Motion offense was really good at getting my PF some decent 3 point looks if you don't want to do custom plays. That is what I used and Santos got quite a few looks. I also like some plays in the high post offense to get the PF some 3 point looks. Cornette is too inconsistent to run those plays much.

I know what you mean about that quick release - Andres had it! I loved his release. Hannan's is similar, but just a bit longer. However, Hannan has such great elevation on his shot that it looks perfect.

The scouting error makes it hard to predict how guys will develop. Hannan and his A potential has gained very slowly this year while Graves has picked up 2 overall points. A few of my other guys have picked up 1 overall points. I expect most guys to gain between 1 and 2 overall points in the course of a year, post-patch (it was much higher pre-patch.)

Now, once I get better coaches with higher teaching abilities and I raise my own teaching ability higher, I'll expect that to go up. I'll also expect that to go up when I get true A potential guys which I'm starting to suspect Hannan isn't really.

While I've typed this, the Hawks have come back, but I still want to get in a game. I'll watch the 2nd and 3rd quarter quickly on DVR and catch up on the 4th quarter after I play our next opponent.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote