View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 09:05 PM   #102
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Practice was light again tonight. 13 total.

Missing:
Layne
Carlos
Connor
Noah

I knew where Layne and Noah were, no idea about the others. I'll be making calls tomorrow.

It was relatively light today hitting wise, as we're getting ready for tomorrow's scrimmage. I lined up the perimeter defense against some of the Wing T that I know. Coach Steve's presence helped make that happen.

We had a major attitude problem occur. Nolan shoved Hunter from behind to the ground. Immediately everyone got in the pushup position and my former Navy disciplinarian voice came out. I'm sure I got their attention as well as the parents attention. Quite honestly, I think I got the attention of other teams out on the field as well. I wasn't going to put up with that.

Speaking of, I think Nolan's days may be numbered. He clearly doesn't want to contribute. I think his parents went through a divorce recently, which may cause him to not want to do anything...period. He was upset when he came to practice, crying and all. I pulled him aside and gave him a pep talk, but I can only do so much on that front.

His mom later came over and talked to me as well. She understood I can't keep pulling him off to the side and try to get him motivated. He clearly isn't interested in playing football and she doesn't want him to...but the dad does. Difficult situation overall.

We need to get the whole squad together, at the very least the starting lineup. It's a little frustrating.