View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 06:11 AM   #129
Poli
FOFC Survivor

If I had to, I'd probably try and play him in the B gap, or as a strong side linebacker on the tight end.

I'm hoping we can get a big enough lead in our games that I can start moving Ray around just for fun.

I did find out our first game is against the Bulldogs, the team that practiced a few of their plays in front of me. The team that 'protected' a boy named Elijah illegally. I'm so ready to play them it hurts.

Yesterday's practice was cancelled due to field conditions. Good thing I had the backup plan in mind. I had already set up the house to accommodate the boys. I'd moved the furniture against the walls or just further back, figured out how to hook my computer to the big screen via my HDMI cable, as well as a junior high team running the double wing on DVD ready.

We spent about 75 minutes on offense, talking through our plays and watching the junior high team just pummel kids. We then chalked them out on the whiteboard. I challenged them to see if they knew their assignments, I'd sometimes draw the play incorrectly.

We moved on to defense, where I showed them the PowerPoint I sent some of the parents a week or two earlier. We briefly talked about what we needed to do to be successful, and then I showed them a Youtube video of 9 and 10 year olds running our defense.

They absolutely loved it. During the video, I kept praising their defensive ends and linebackers. Those guys need to understand that in order for us to be successful we have to do our job.

I finished the night off by showing them my 'scouting report' of the Bulldogs. I diagrammed out the six plays I saw, again reminding the linebackers and ends that if they do their job we'll have an easy day out there. Four plays, in particular, the defensive end should be hitting their ball carrier without being blocked.

I'm excited and ready to go.