View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 06:35 AM   #132
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Less than 4 hours out of my debut. I'm not nervous, but I am ready to get this kicked off.

I'm concerned about scouting, since I don't know who I'm playing next week. It turns out there are 19 teams total in our 'league', after today I could be playing any of the other 17.

Games today are being held in five locations. I'm somewhat 'lucky'. My game is the first of the three in my location, so I can watch the next two games and get a feel for those four teams.

Ideally, my friend Jeremy, who happened to be the best man at my wedding 10 years ago, would be scouting the location with two games, but he hasn't returned a call in the past week. I think I'm going to miss out on those. The other locations have just one game each.

I have an agreement with Scott and the Trojans to exchange tapes as needed, I'm hoping to enter into one with Terry and the Bulldogs after today's game.

There's an outside chance I could drive up to one of the other three sites, their game starts at 2:30 according to the schedule, but without knowing if they're even on my schedule...I'm not sure it's worth it.