View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 01:48 PM   #212
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
I'm just a little discouraged that it seems like we are destined to have a democratic candidate who wants free health care, free college, higher taxes on anyone making over 100K and support this crazy Green New Deal.

Your pessimism about all of this inspires me. I desperately want all of those things, and believe we'd still be pretty far right of most of the countries I wish we would emulate even if we got all of that, and I have very little hope of any of it actually happening.

Anyone can run on this stuff but how much of it would ever happen without dominant control of both the house and senate, and the supreme court is stacked to make political judgments so even dominant control of two branches might not matter.

Also keep an eye on even places that are liberal echo chambers and you'll find a large number of people who are just as scared of Bernie and Warren as the right is. I'm heavily in on the Warren train right now and fully expect to be disappointed as the most moderate candidate of all ends up winning.