View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 01:13 PM   #227
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post

Could you share which article that came from?

Tax rates definitely have to go up in any medicare for all plan. I guess I need to see the source for myself to believe that Bernie's tax plan raises income tax on the $75k-$118k dramatically and then drops it significantly for the $118k-$230k portion of one's income.

One of the biggest knocks against Sanders is that he has often had a lot of plans that are simply not fleshed out enough to explain how they'll be paid for. I know he's starting to nail some of that down, but that doesn't pass the immediate smell test.

That said, I make low 6 figures. I expect to pay more in taxes for medicare for all. I expect I probably lose a little money in doing so. If we get our 70% marginal rate on $10 million plus in income, I'll happily do my part as someone who lives in complete comfort and privilege by paying more than i do now to try to actually take care the huge range of people who make too much for medicaid, but who cannot afford healthcare, for which a single medical emergency either results in death or crippling lifelong debt.